Communication and Collaboration Day 3
February 25, 2014 § Leave a comment
1. iPad: Be sure to check out an iPad from OIT (Aderhold 232) and give it to me to install iMovie.
I enjoyed viewing your video responses at Flipgrid board. Kelly was the first one to post the video, and she gets a late pass. Megan received the most favorite votes (9 favorites, 17 views). You can review the administrator side of Flipgrid here (login required).
Students use digital media and environments to communicate and work collaboratively, including at a distance, to support individual learning and contribute to the learning of others. Students:
a. interact, collaborate, and publish with peers, experts, or others employing a variety of digital environments and media.
b. communicate information and ideas effectively to multiple audiences using a variety of media and formats.
c. develop cultural understanding and global awareness by engaging with learners of other cultures.
d. contribute to project teams to produce original works or solve problems.
Let’s watch a video of a classroom project that focuses on communication and collaboration.
PART ONE: Communication and Collaboration Quiz
- Go to m.socrative.com
- Enter the room number: 602551 and join the room.
- Wait for the teacher to begin activity.
- Take the quiz.
- Submit the quiz.
PART TWO: Communication and Collaboration Movie Trailer
This is your chance to show how a K12 student might need to know about collaboration and communication. Working with your group, you’ll create a movie trailer on a topic of your choice regarding collaboration.
View details here.
We will be using a tool with which you can use for the communication and collaboration as well as for the creation of original work: iMovie.
1. Choose a topic from the provided list.
2. Choose your target audience. Who will be your target audience? Students in K-12? or in college? What is the goal of your movie trailer? Think about… “After watching this video, the audiences will be able to _____________________.”
3. Create with an iPad
- Be sure to have an iPad per team. You can check out an iPad from OIT (Aderhold 232).
- We will use the app, iMovie. I will have to install this app on your iPad. So bring it to me.
- Choose “New Trailer” instead of “New Project.”
- Trailers have a variety of template you can choose from: Fairy Tale, Scary, Narrative, Retro, Teen, Superhero, Bollywood, etc. Depending on the theme you choose, your trailer will be much different.
- Once you choose a template, review the storyboard. This will give you what kind of story will go into each slot. Outline your story and make a plan for your story and slides/images using this form.
- You can enter your own captions or you can use the captions provided.
- Your team will film (adding images) per storyboard.
- Have fun. I hope you have a good communication and collaboration experience.
- Upload your trailer to your YouTube account. Will give you the account info in class.
- Be sure to upload your movie during Wednesday’s class meeting.
- Return your iPads to me so I can reset my account.
- Share your movie trailer at EDIT2000 Exhibition.
- We will watch the finished products together on Thursday and vote for the most well-done video. Of course, the winning team will win the late pass.
We will spend today and Thursday to complete this project.
Tip. If you need assistance for iMovie or Movie Maker, find the resources: Lynda.com via your UGA ID/PW or Google it, there will be tons of videos, blogs, or online discussions.