Finishing up Your Learning Adventure
April 24, 2012 § Leave a comment
We’ve talked about where your motivation is oriented from internally or externally. I would like to find out about your motivation toward EDIT2000 course. Please complete this motivation survey. This survey will help me collect data for my research. This is on a voluntary basis.
Last workday of class. Just a few final reminders:
1. Your Learning Adventure is due on Thursday at the beginning of class. To turn it in, you will need to create a new page on your portfolio Google site called “Learning Adventure.” Then, write a short description of your Learning Adventure (at least 2 paragraphs) and link to it.
2. Double-check your learning adventure with the rubric. All group members should do this – make sure everything is covered.
3. Introduction video
As you know you need to create a video introducing yourself (and your partners) and your learning adventure. You can use Photo Booth if you are using Mac or you can film yourselves using a camcorder.
You don’t want to be on the video? Here is a way to create an avatar to speak for you:
Here is my favorite Xtranormal video. You might like it, too:
- Budget: By default, you are given 300 extranormal points to begin with. Most likely you can stay within the budget.
- Two actors maximum
- 10000 characters for narration
4. Uploading your video to youtube is the easiest way to embed it onto your adventure’s introduction page. You can login to youtube with your google account. Once you’ve uploaded your video, copy the url, go to your introduction page, click on “Insert”, then choose Video<Youtube and paste in the url that you copied earlier. You’ll just see a yellow box on your page but once you save the page you should be able to view your video.
5. If your navigation bar on your website is organized alphabetically, instead of the order listed on the rubric, watch my silent movie for instructions on reorganizing your navigation bar.
For Thursday’s class:
1. Your learning adventure is due at the beginning of class on Thursday. Please note that this is the absolute last day to turn in any other missing assignments. Talk with me TODAY if you have questions about anything other than your learning adventure – these assignments become 0′s in my gradebook after Thursday’s class.
2. Your website/portfolio should be complete. The only thing left to do is update your introduction page. Reread what you wrote about what you wanted to learn from the beginning of the semester. Then, write an overview of what you have learned this semester and what you feel you have left to learn. Your final introduction should be at least 2 paragraphs (seriously – you don’ t have a final in here, it’s the least you can do!)
3. During the last day of class we will:
- Complete the end-of-course evaluation.
- Each team will give a 30 second sales pitch to attract people to come look at your learning adventure.
- Look over each other’s projects from the entire semester, with particular focus on the learning adventure.
- Select the most exemplary portfolio from our class. Winner gets a $5 Amazon gift card!
- Take a class picture.
4. Thursday will be much more enjoyable if everyone:
- arrives on time
- brings a small snack to share
- decorates their workspace so we’re more interested in visiting your “station”
- smiles for the class picture